Here are the opening lines of 10 classic, “must read”, books. Can you come up with the titles and authors? Answers can be found in another post. Let me know how you do!
1. ” All chlidren, except one, grow up.”
2. “He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone 84 days now without taking a fish.”
3. “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness…”
4. “Serene was a word you could put to Brooklyn, New York”
5. “Call me Ishmael.”
6.”It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.”
7. “Amerigo Bonasera sat in New York Criminal Court Number 3 and waited for justice…”
8. “What can you say about a 25 year old girl who died?”
9. “The cold passed reluctantly from the earth and the retiring fogs revealed an amy stretched out on the hills, resting.”
10. “Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”
This quiz was originally published in Readers’ Digest.