15 Great Twitter Hashtags to Secure Your Dream Job
Hashtags to find an employer:
- #hiring: Unsurprisingly, the number one hashtag hiring managers use.
- #joblisting: This one is pretty much guaranteed to take you straight to a role specification.
- #tweetmyjobs: This has been tagged nearly a million times so it’s worth including in your search.
- #ukjobs: If you’re looking for something UK based this will take you straight to the goods. You can also change it up with #*yourcity*jobs to get super specific.
- #graduate: If you’re fresh out of university, use this hashtag to find graduate positions.
Hashtags to let employers know you’re looking:
- #hireme: Get straight to the point – you’re on the lookout!
- #resume: Twice as popular as #CV, this is the one to use if you’re sharing your resume online.
- #MBA: If you have an MBA, let potential employers know about your impressive educational background.
- #HR: This hashtag makes your post visible to anyone searching in the HR thread.
- #careerchange: Great if you’re looking to take your career in a new direction.
Industry specific hashtags:
- #salesjobs: This popular hashtag will take you straight to sales jobs listings.
- #accounting: If you’re an accountant you’re in luck – listings in this field come up regularly on Twitter.
- #SEO: A popular area for recruitment, this one has been tagged more than a million times by job seekers.
- #journojobs: For budding journalists, look no further than this hashtag to find your dream position.
- #industry: Use this with another tag like #tech or #marketing and you’ll find listings matched to your area of expertise.
If you have a crystal-clear idea of what you’re after, hashtag the specific job you are looking for. This is perfect for those of us in specialist industries such as web development, HR or professional services.
Another option if you’re looking for something a little more niche is this clever tool from Hashtagify which allows you to search for popular hashtags.
Finally, a great way to grab the attention of a potential employer is by using a picture with your tweet – Twitter posts with images receive 150% more engagement.
Conventional methods for finding a job are slowly fading into the background, and the hashtag is now your best friend for securing the position of your dreams. Twitter should be right up there at the top of your list of ways to find your next role.