How To Score 800 on the Math SAT: Tips From Students and Tutors
Do extra stuff:
1. Practice concepts which aren’t in the syllabus but are related none the less. Often a math problem can be solved in multiple ways which aren’t covered in the default syllabus.
2. Recheck your answers efficiently.
3. Do as many difficult problems as you can. Ensure you are clear about the concepts. Practice, practice, practice solving problems.
4. Take (practice) subject tests and use Tips For SAT Subject Tests.
5. Take timed practice tests and go over the problems you missed. Take as many timed practice tests as you can.
6. Master your graphing calculator Use it to solve equations and test questions in different prep sites or books.
7. Practice answering problems without the graphing calculator as Section 3 disallows the use of a calculator
8. Memorize the reference table so you don’t have to flip back and forth
9. Take practice tests from Princeton Review, Kaplan and Kahn Academy
Need help choosing the Subject tests to take? Lets look at your curriculum and decide what will serve you best. firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-212-6679